Yamato (Japanese battleship, 1940)
Revision as of 01:21, 13 August 2014 by Admiral31
- Budget approved in FY1937 program.
- 4 November 1937, laid down at Kure Naval Yard.
- 8 August 1940, launched.
- 16 December 1941, completed and commissioned. classified as Battleship. registered to Kure Naval District.
- 7 April 1945, sunk by airborne attack at East China Sea. (30.22N,128.04E)
- 31 August 1945, discarded.
|rank||name||class||previous job||next job||note|
|5 Sep 1941||Captain||Miyazato Shutoku||40th class, NA||Assist Staff, Kure District||Att, Kure District||Chief equipment officer|
15 Oct 1941 Rear Admiral
|1 Nov 1941||Captain||Takayanagi Gihachi||41st class, NA||Assist Staff, Kure District||Commanding officer, Yamato||Chief equipement officer|
|1||16 Dec 1941||Captain||Takayanagi Gihachi||41st class, NA||Chief equipment officer, Yamato||Att, Yokosuka District||1 May 1942 Rear Admiral|
|2||17 Dec 1942||Captain||Matsuda Chiaki||44th class, NA||Assist Staff, Combined Fleet||Att, Naval General Staff||1 Nov 1943 Rear Admiral|
|3||7 Sep 1943||Captain||Ono Takeji||44th class, NA||Assist Staff, Combined Fleet||Att, Naval General Staff||1 Nov 1943 Rear Admiral|
|4||25 Jan 1944||Captain||Morishita Nobuei||45th class, NA||Commanding Officer, Haruna||Chief of Staff, Second Fleet||15 Oct 1944 Rear Admiral|
|5||25 Nov 1944||Captain||Aruga Kosaku||45th class, NA||Assist Staff, Second Fleet||KIA||7 Apr 1945 Sunk|